Computer How To's
Help working at home
Wanting to work from home but you do most of your work on your at work computer? My friend Gregg told me about this website Logmein.com. How it works.
- Register at Logmein.com on your work computer
- Select to Free Trial (You don't need to pay, just keep using the trial.)
- Download the software and designate this as the "Host" computer.
- At home, login to Logmein.com
- Download the software and designate this as the "Remote" computer.
As long as your computer is on (the internet does not need to be logged into), you will be able to remotely use your work computer. This allows you to see your entire desktop. There is also a way to see your work computer full screen so your "remote" desktop is really your work desktop.
How to save money on items that you buy off the internet?
The trick is your search engine! Follow these easy steps to get more savings......
Once you have found what you wanted for the price you want to pay, now let’s see if we can get what we want for even less.
- Open a new window on your browser.
- In the search bar, type in “coupon code for name of store”. Many times, further incentives like free shipping will be offered.
- When the code comes up, copy and past where the coupon code needs to be inserted in the “Check Out” page of the site you are shopping.
- Often there is a button that says “Apply” to activate the discount.
Good luck on getting that deal!
(This tidbit given by Sarah L., Royal Oak, Mi)
As listed above in Part 2 about searching for coupon codes, I found a website that gives lists of coupon codes for online shopping at most major online stores.Click here