(Can be used with turkey too!)
Here's another easy and resourceful way to use up left over chicken. All 3 of my kids loved it and that is saying something!
- 1 can of Veg-all
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms (You can use canned mushrooms too.)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup margarine (non-dairy)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cube chicken bouillon dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup non-dairy creamer (I used rice milk to keep it all non-dairy and less fat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 3 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 2 unbacked pie crusts (I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets.)
Preheat oven to 450 degress.
Thaw puff pastry and place one in pie dish that has been coated with non-stick spray if not using ready made. Keep 2nd one to cover pie.
Saute' mushrooms and onions in margarine until soft. Add flour and combine well. Gradually add bouillon and creamer stirring constantly. Add salt, sage, pepper to taste and continue cooking until mixture is bubbling and turns thick. Stir in chicken and veg-all. Pour into pie crust and place 2nd pie crust as a cover and crimp edges and cut 4 slits in top.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.